How to Apply
Admission into the KIS is a very starightforward process. We encourage parents and guardians to schedule a visit and tour the school campuses. Details of what we offer can also be gotten from the school public relations department 07039596812. KIS seeks to enroll, curious students at all grade levels and we strongly encourages interest from parents who have kids with learning challenges. Every year more than 150 new students are enrolled into our 16 classes and 59 class arms and creche program. New students are admitted on the basis of their performance in an internal aptitude test and an assessment of their previous school' transcripts and testimonials. We strictly maintain a class capacity of 25 students and attend to enrollment on a first come basis.
Our first-round deadline for admission applications are the middle mondays of the first months of school resumption for each term, which usually fall on the months: January, April and September.
If you have any questions, please let us know on any of out approved channels. We'd love to hear from you.
The application process to Kogbodi International School is as follows:
- Attend one or several of our tours (or both!). Neither of these fun and informative activities is required, but you are welcome and encouraged to visit. Contact the school PRO on : 07039596812 to schedule such a visit.
- Pick up an Application form on the day of visit and remember to collect details of the application fee payments.
- Choose a date for testing/screening. The process to select a date depends on the availability of the child. The event is usually done singly and not in groups
- Upon completion of the Tests, you shall be informed of your child performance and the best class to have him/her enrolled.
Admissions Process Checklist
PRENURSERY AND NURSERY
- To be eligible for pre-kindergarten, children must be at least 4 years old by Sept. 1.
- Schedule a tour, parent interview, and student testing using our contact form .
- Once your application is submitted, you will be contacted by email or text about a scheduled date.
- To be eligible for the creche program, the child must be at least 3 months old and not older than 1 year old by september 1.
PRENURSERY 1-2 and NURSERY 1-3
- Once your application is submitted and your application fee is paid , you will be invited to bring your ward for a contact assessment.
- The results of the assessment will be communicated to you and shall specify your childs class.
- The recommended age for Prenursery 1-2 is 1- 2 years old while for the child's age for Nursery 1-3 should be age 3-6 years old.
- The basic 1-6 classes formally called Primary 1-6 is the first section of basic education in Nigeria's 6-3-3-4 education system.
- The recommended age for childeren in the Basic school is age 6-12 years.
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (JSS) 1-3
- The JSS 1-3 classes completes the national basic education of the called Nigeria's 6-3-3-4 education system. Students are requird to take a certificate examination at the end of the final graduating class: JSS 3.
- The recommended age for childeren in the JSS is age 12-15 years.
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (SSS) 1-3
- The SSS 1-3 classes completes the secondary school level of education. It is the last 3 in 6-3-3-4 education system. Final West African Examination Council (WAEC) Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) and the National Examination Council (NECO) certifiate examinations are taken at the final year of the SSS.
- The admission process is similar to the Nursery Basic and Junior Secondary schools and the recommended age for childeren in the JSS is age 15-18 years.